Thursday, May 8, 2008

Love and Walls

By Thandiwe Mapi

Love and walls

Walls, intended to bring security
Walls to ensure of no scrutiny
Walls to keep us unscathed
Walls so unbreakable, and so inviting

Walls built without knowing
Of owner's knowledge
Causing uncertainty, leading to destitute
Tall and rigid,
For all to notice,
Without quivering

Why walls and tomorrows
Why an order of things with love.

Security and comfort I seek
Unbreakable it should be,
But dear Lord, let I not deprive any being
Let I encompass,
In my sanctuary

Let me furnish love openly and wall-lessly
Let me value nature
In case I forget how to adore, let me eternally
Learn the joys of loving.

T. Mapi

My heart

I think of all the colours of sorrow
I see black as the intense colour of sorrow
I see life as rejecting of my contribution
I see only grey skies, no birds singing lullabies

I cry and mourn, ask why
I look deep within and find whys
I see a helpless heart thumping for the sake of it
I look hard into my heart
I then inform myself to get up

My heart leads the way to getting me up
With my heart I learn to crawl, get up
Because my heart won't give up
I have learnt to do likewise
As long as I live, I love my heart

T. Mapi

Never too far

Hills and mountains
Rivers and oceans
Towns and cities
Faces and characters
All these amid us
But we are never too far

Hours to days
Days to weeks
Weeks to months
Months to years
Without seeing us
No tremendous moments to share
Yet, we are never too far

Hearts matted jointly
In the equivalent bit
In the identical strength
Hearts thumping as one
Giving a pledge that
We are never too far...

We are never too far
Because we part to convene
To share and live life as shaped for us
Mountains and oceans are of no significance
We are, and we always will be never too far...

T. Mapi

About author: My Name is Thandiwe Mapi, i am not a poet but i love poetry and i believe in the sense it makes to unravel things. I believe in love and its importance in grooming us into who we are. My poetry might not have the necessary rhime that is required in poetry but it puts forward my feelings about that particular topic, in most cases it is love.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment