Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Female crocodile who wanted to eat the monkey’s heart

When in one of the former births, the Buddha was born as a monkey, called Mahakbin, he was and lived in the forest near the river in which there was a small island in the middle. That island had every kind of fruit for his food. Between the river and the shore, there was a sand bank. The monkey leaped from the shore to the sand bank first, then to the island.
Meanwhile there were two crocodiles, female and male, living in the river. Latter in the female crocodile with child want to eat the monkey’s heart, then she told her husband “I am eager to eat a monkey’s heart. If you can not find one for me, I will die and leave you alone.”
The male crocodile said “Oh, darling! Do not worry. If you are eager to eat it, let me bring one for you because I see every day a bog monkey who always crosses the river to the island. Usually he stops on the sand bank before going to the island; I will swim and creep on that island to kill him for you.”
The Crocodile swam to the island and crept on the sand bank to cover it. He thought that the monkey would think that he was the sand bank,
When then monkey cam back from the island at sunset, he leaped over the shore of the river and he almost leaped on the bank which the crocodile covered; he almost leaped on the bank which the crocodile covered; he saw the crocodile on the bank; then the monkey wondered “This bank is always as high as the surface of the water and why this bank is higher today? Maybe there is some ferocious animal who lying on it and want to kill me and then the monkey called the bank of sand “Oh, friend Sand water, but today you are bank! You are always as high as the surface of the higher. How can you grow so high?” The monkey repeated this sentence three times.
When the crocodile heard the monkey call the sand bank, he thought that the bank was not talking to the monkey, because he covered it, then he pretended to be the sand bank and replied “Oh, friend monkey I am not higher than yesterday. Pease leap on me!”
The monkey: Oh Poor animal, my bank does not know how to talk, who are you?
The crocodile: I am the king of the crocodiles who live in this river.
The monkey: Why do you sleep on this bank?
The crocodile: Oh monkey! I want your heart for my wife, because she is eager to eat your heart.
The monkey: If u need my life, please open your mouth widely and close your eyes, I will jump into your mouth and be sure to closer your mouth.
Then the monkey saw that it was a good chance to leap to pass to the shore. He then jumped on the crocodile’s body and from there leaped on the shore as fast as an arrow. When the crocodiles thought the monkey passed over his back could not catch him; he was very sorry to be witted by the monkey; and he left the sand for his place in the river.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment